It wasn’t my intention to make a product. I simply wanted to solve a common problem. I want to grow plants indoors or under controlled conditions. How can I create an optimum environment for plants to thrive using commonly available electronics and household items?
hydroMazing is a tool for making it easier to provide optimum growing conditions for successfully growing plants at home. An independent data collection system and web interface located on your own device; not a remote cloud.
The hydroMazing smart garden system is designed to monitor and manage your growing environment by automatically controlling fans, heaters, lights, water pumps, and more. hydroMazing communicates wirelessly for maximum flexibility and can even send you updates and alerts online!
With the hydroMazing Smart Garden System, you can grow healthy, happy plants anywhere, anytime of year!
- Fully customizable – hydroMazing is a garden control and monitoring system built on low-cost open-hardware modules*, which offer a wide range of flexibility for customization and expansion. hydroMazing was designed for use with standard low-cost sensors and hardware, but can be adapted for use with your existing hardware.
- Wireless communication – The hyroMazing system uses nRF modules for wireless communications, offering long transmission distances without any need for an internet connection. The system’s central processing hub, which I call “The Decider,” receives and transmits data wirelessly to sensors and appliances and even will notify you via its remote control if something is wrong.
- Automation that works – hydroMazing has been thoroughly tested on garden herbs, bell peppers, and medical/recreational cannabis (where legal). You’ll be amazed at how easy it is to grow luscious, healthy plants!
|Feature||Basic Module||Advanced Module||Node Module|
|Nutrient Solution Pump||X|
|Water Temperature F||X||X|
|Float Nutrient Solution||X|
- The controller unit(s) read and transmit sensor readings once every second.
- The Raspberry Pi receives and records the data, also averaging the sensor readings over one minute.
- A simple chart displays the last 24 hour period comparing Temperature, Humidity, Water Temperature, and Internal Temp.
- Why DIY when you could buy?
- What is a “Smart” Garden?
- Starting a Smart Indoor Garden
- Digging Deeper into Indoor Gardening
- Managing Nutrient Solution Systems
- The DIY Smart Garden System
- Using a Raspberry Pi and USB Camera
Please share with friends and follow to receive a notification when I publish a new article.